Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of optimizing a web site in order to increase the traffic the site receives via search engines. Whether your site provides services, products, or information, search engines are a primary method of navigation for almost all Internet users. In fact, on average 40-50% of a website’s traffic comes from search engines.
If your site cannot be found by search engines, you will miss out on incredible opportunities. This is also true if you do not rank well, as studies have shown approximately 90% of users do not search past the 3rd page.
At Brownstein & Egusa, we continually invest in research to keep on top of the ever changing search engine algorithms. We do not try to trick search engines, but rather work within the framework provided to produce the best results.
Brownstein & Egusa’s Search Engine Optimization Services Include:
Proper keyword selection is the foundation of any good search engine effort. In our keyword strategy:
- We run predictive queries to determine the level of search traffic and then go after keywords that have sufficient search volume.
- We evaluate the potential for conversion against the level of search traffic. Our goal is to get your site quality traffic, not just quantity.
- We determine the competitiveness of the potential keywords being targeted. The level of competitiveness of your keywords helps us to evaluate which strategies should be taken.
In our In-page strategy, we determine what changes are needed to enable your site to rank well for the keywords identified above. Here we confirm:
- Can your site be retrofitted, or does a new site need to be created?
- What impediments prevent search engines from crawling your website, and how can these be resolved?
- What content needs to be developed? How can existing elements and tags be improved upon?
Content Management System Evaluation
In our Content Management System evaluation, we determine whether your Content Management System is search engine friendly and easily navigated. Here we confirm:
- Is the website’s navigation search engine friendly?
- Does the website content management system allow for unique html titles and metatags?
Through links, search engines determine the popularity of a site and page based on the number and popularity of pages linking to them. Trustworthy sites tend to link to other trusted sites, while spammy sites receive very few links from trusted sources .
In our Off-Page Strategy, we determine what strategy needs to be taken to attain links from related web sites. Strategies employed by Brownstein & Egusa include:
- Article syndication
- The creation of Branded Tools
- RSS feeds
- Directory links